Rice Pudding / Miso Blood Orange / Caramel Puffed Rice / Sake Ice Cream
Pastry Chef nicole guini
- Japanese influence: This dessert dish has tremendous Japanese influence from key ingredient components: miso, rices, and sake.
- Blood Orange: Yes, this citrus currently in season, but also a popular flavor all year.
- Unique Ice Cream: Influential, fine dining restaurants have really kicked up their selection of unique ice cream flavor profiles. A decade or two ago, Lavender ice cream and Rose Petal sorbet may have been the outliers — and thought of as odd, floral flavors and not for the faint of heart. But restaurants in 2017 are doing things like Pineapple-Wasabi Sorbet (Bouley, NYC) and Chèvre Ice Cream (Salero, Chicago).
Parisienne Gnocchi / Shaved Brussels Sprout & Kale / Maple Bacon / Parmesan / Pecan Dust
Chef Joanna Stachon
- Parisienne Gnocchi - Classic French techniques and dishes are extremely popular right now.
- Maple Bacon - Maple flavor has been on-trend for several years now. (Whether as a smoked maple cedar or added for unique sweetness character.)
- Pecan "Dust" - Use of nuts to add crunch and/or thoughtful flavor. We love the imagery produced with the language, "dust" — much more interesting than calling this component, "Ground Pecans".